Actualizado: 6 de nov de 2019
The thought of taking a long flight can be daunting and make you feel drained before you even take the flight. For my recent trip from Florida to London, these were a few simple things I did to put my mind and body at ease:
1. Take a flight that departs during the night and arrive at your destination during the day. This allows you to get “a good night’s sleep” and start adjusting your body clock to the local time of your destination.
2. Make sure that you get enough rest before you travel. This will give you a more relaxed feeling and put your mind at ease.
3. If you are a music person like me, download (legally) at least three to four hours of your favorite music on your listen device and carry a good pair of headphones. This prevent you from searching for music on the media provided on the plane and allows you to relax quicker.
4. If you can afford it, try to fly premium economy. It may cost a little more but the comfort is worth the extra cost. I did, so try it, it's a little more fun upfront.
4. Check in early. There is nothing that add more stress to a flight than to be rushing to check in. Also, in some cases by checking in early you can get better choice of seats for your long haul.
I hope these simple travel tips for long flights can help you on your next journey.